""I've had an abortion."
If you've had an abortion, you may be suffering from Post Abortion Syndrome
Numerous psychologists and counselors attest to men and women who are post abortive suffering
the following symptoms:
- low self esteem
- grief over loss of abortive infant
- guilt and shame
- anger toward self
- sometimes alcohol and drug problems to dull sorrows
- abortion-related nightmares/flashbacks
- anniversary grief on date of abortion
- Denial of thoughts or feelings about the abortion
- Avoid activities which remind you of the abortion
- Irrational fear of harm to other children
- Inability to bond with living children
- Inability to maintain loving or trusting relationships
- A sense of hopelessness about the future
- Diminished interest in previously enjoyed activities
- Suicidal thought or acts
- Other self destructive tendencies
If you are experiencing any of these symptoms and you have had an abortion, it is
possible that you have Post Abortion Syndrome ( PAS ).
Women, and men too, who have experienced abortion know that it was a traumatic event in their
Many of these men and women, though initially believing they had sufficient reason for having the
abortion, may begin to have feelings of anxiety,pain & depression, or even guilt due to this experience. Post
Abortion Syndrome or Trauma is the experience of many of these men and women in crisis.
Pregnancy Service's CARE CLINIC is here to help you. We have caring advocates
who are post abortive and will help you in your crisis.
Contact us at 906-228-2273 or
Email one of our Advocates.